Saturday, May 28, 2011

A trip to the FRRO - day 2

Thursday I was told that I had to register in Noida. In the morning I were so lucky that my roommate that are working in Noida offered to drop me at the sector 15 metro station. Where I meet with 2 of my Indian friends, who know Noida much better than me, and had agreed to helping me find the ploice station where the Noida FRRO are in. From the metro station it took less than 10 min before we arrived at the police station. So we went in and found the right office, there were already foreigners waiting in the office. After a few miunts there came a man who was the guy that was recieving the applications. There were 2 others in line before me, the first lady needed some more papers from what I understood, and the second one were registrering late, which means  later than 14 days after arrival, so he was asked why he was registrering late, and was send away.
Then it was my turn, the man looked at all my papers, asked a few questions to my friend in hindi, then he asked me a few things. My friend was told by the man that I do not have to register until I come close to staying for 180 days. And if I leave the countrie I will have a new 180 days where I do not have to register when I come back to India. I left the office a bit confused, and called my boss to tell him what had happend. He immidatly said, oh then are here on the same conditions as me, the man in the office gave you the right message. So apparently I do not have to register for now anyway, but I do need to find out wat I should do if I end up staying more than 180 days without leaving the countrie. So maybe at some point there will be another series of FRRO posts. But I had read what the FRRO officer in Noida told me on one of the web pages, but I had also read something els, so I went to the FRRO office just in case. I will try and find out about this by talking to the AIESEC guys at IIT Delhi, I hope they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment