Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arrived well in New Delhi

I arrived well in New Delhi on Friday morning. I left Copenhagen Thursday at 12, after chechking in and before going through security I had a cup of cofee with my dad and a few friends to say goodbye. From Copenhagen I flew to Doha and had a layover before I flew to New Delhi. The flight got just around 1 hour late out of Doha, but since my scheduled arrival was at 03.15 local time, it did not mean that much that we got delayed, also because my final destination was New Delhi.
Entering the new part of Delhi International airport was great, it is big, there are lot of stores, there are more deske at the immigration. All in all it is just a good new part of the airport, I really really like it. :-)
The temperature here in Delhi is very high compared to the aprox. 16 degrees there were in Copenhagen when I left. Tuesday it was 44 degrees here and because of that this has become one of my new best friends.


An ac, almost where ever you go here they have AC, and that is good, because I am not use to the heat at all yet. I really hope I will get a bit ajusted to it with time.
Eventhough it is not monsoon season here yet, there are still mosquitoes, and if there are one in the whole neighborhood it will find me, so this is a picture of some of my other new friends.


Odomos is a mosquitoes repellant, all out and the other thing is something you can put in the plug and then it works like a mosquitoes candle does.
In my packing madness I decided in the last minute to bring my flash light, as just in case. So far I have beenquite pleased with the fact that I did bring it, it has already been used, since power cuts more or less is a daily thing here. One reason being because it is so hot and everyone puts on their AC, and sometimes that is more than the electrical network can handle.
Where I am staying right now the backup battery is broken, which means that all light, AC and fans stop working during the power cuts. If the battery was working as it should the light and fan would be able to work for atleast a few hours during the power ctus. And since the power cuts most of the time do not last so long,  the battery is very useful. This is a picture of the batery in the house where I am staying right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment