Thursday, May 19, 2011

The adventure of refinding my creative side

As many others I did creative things like sewing as a child. But some months back I decided that I wanted to start a hobby project for the first time in over 10 years. The reason, one of my very good firends were having her first baby, and I wanted to make something special as a gift for her and the baby.
Together with another friend of mine I decided that a patchwork blanket would be a good thing, and since it was going to be for the baby, it would just be a small one. So after a few months of sewing, cutting, getting help from my friends grandmom I finished the blanket just more than 2 weeks after the baby were born.
I started up with this - some cardboard and fabric

Some pictures during the sewing process, where I first sewed the fabric to the cardbord and then sewed it all together, to the blanket.







And ended up with this result

Right now I think there is a chance that I will get hooked to making things with patchwork and I am already thinking about the next project I can do. For now I am considering to make a bag, if I can find a template that I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment