Thursday, May 19, 2011

Difficulties in finding the first job

As I have mentioned before I graduated in May of 2010. After this and even before I were looking for a job, because I knew it would not be easy. But after months of job searching, I started in a course that should help me to get a job. This is after Danish law called (aktivering). Before this course I had the oppertunity to take a 6 weeks course more or less of my own choice, I decided to take a SAP course, since this is a program that is widely used within my field of work, so I hoped this could help improve my resume.
While I have been sending applications to relevant jobs, I have also joined a few different forums, and posted on the India sites that I was looking for a job, to try something different, and because I could see myself trying out to live and work in India.
At some point midt in November it paied out, a company that needed a danish teacher/translater contacted me, and it looked very good, I even got the first version of the contract. But then at some point around christmas it ran out in the sand, and I have not heard from them for months. So even a guy replied to one of my posts and asked for my resume, I did of course send it to him.
Now that has resulted in a internship with the youth organization AIESEC in New Delhi, India. I am so excited to start, I will join in the middel of May, so I have started the preperations for leaving the small cold countrie in Scandinavia. There is a chance that this could turn out to be an adventure of a life time, so why not, when I can not find a job in Denmark, maybe this is the only chance I will ever get to do something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment