Friday, June 17, 2011

Negibourhood salesmen

The other day I found out that even the bit more posh place where I rent a room in south Delhi have a local vegetable salesman. These guys drive around with a load of different vegetables and yell, to make sure that people notice they are in front of their house.

Both pictures are taken from a distance, but I hope you can get the idea. He drives a bicycle that have been made with a big wooden table thing on the back where he keeps different vegetables and a weight. So that he can weigh the vegetables you want and calculate a price.

There are so many different of these salesmen, that sell everything from vegetables to plastic buckets. For me this is kind of a fascinating thin, because we do not have this kind of traveling salesmen at my place.
But on the other hand it is very smart, because it can safe you a trip to the market :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment