Thursday, February 24, 2011

The family comes on holiday

After the end of my term at IIM C I had arranged with my dad, that he and my brother would come to India, and we would travel for 1 month together.
They arrived on my birthday December 9 at Calcutta airport, I went to pick them up, so that I was sure they would get to the right place, after my own problems with the taxi driver that picked us up, I did not want to take any chances.
'I had arranged that they would live at campus with me for the first few days, so I had rented a room for them.
We spend the first days at campus, and in Calcutta so that they could get use to the heat, they came from below 0 in Denmark, so the 15-20 degrees we had in Calcutta, was a good change for them.
After the first few days we went to the makemytrip office in Calcutta, a travel agency that we had, had good experience with. They had planned our trip to Nepal for us.
We had decided that we wanted to take a trip to Rajasthan, and after that go back to Delhi for some days, to pick up my friend, then all of us would go to Goa for Christmas. For New Years we would go and see the Taj Mahal, and then finish the holiday with a few days back in Delhi, before going back home. For me this was a great way to finish my stay at IIMC
But first of all it was very fun to show my dad and brother the school and the city, even though we have traveled quite a bit, this was their first time in Asia, as it was for me.
I will write a post for each of the places we went to, Rajasthan, Goa and Taj Mahal.

No comments:

Post a Comment